Let’s get #musicmonday started off just right with the flat-out coolest music gadget. Go ahead, play with that browser! WARNING – very addictive!!
Tons of great new music came in this weekend:
Paris DJs are smokin’ with a Hip-Hop/Reggae mix that is the perfect way to start your monday off with a BANG! About one-half hour of all solid mixes, featuring Ghostface Killah and People Under the Stairs
Other stuff includes:
- Weather Report radio ‘cast from 1975, courtesy the Genesis-Movement Torrent site;
- Cult / Hare Krishna inspired music from ile Oxumare, including Santana and Alice Coltrane;
- If you pre-0rder the new Transatlantic record Whirlwind from RadiantRecords, you get a download of their take on ‘Return of the Giant Hogweed’ (courtesy Spleen Arcana‘s Tweet feed). This is a great marketing move because the track is righteous and many proggers hate to wait;
- Recently off the Dime – Bruce Springsteen 1973 (either radio or soundboard) and ELP Santiago ’93 – brilliant quality right of the radio!
- We saw The Sounds at TLA on Saturday night, this was a mighty Swedish dance-rock outfit, fronted by Maja Ivarsson, who brings the voice, the sexy, plenty of F-bombs and a blow-dried blond ‘do that would make Madonna proud. this was a high energy show that did a nice job of bringing new-wave into the 21st century. Check out the music and get a free download at their website.
- Stephen Stills has two release coming shortly; the first is a collection of Manassas outtakes, and, since the two studio albums are tremendous, this will be a must-have. The other is a recent concert from the UK where the Stills featured solo-acoustic and full band renditions from throughout his career. The live set is not expected until mid October, but the Manassas title is available starting tomorrow. Here’s a taste of what the first Manassas record sounded like:
There’s all kinds of other stuff going on, including Philly budget, house hunting, a guest post/letter about some totally screwed up aspects of the state budget, Formula 1 racing going crazy, but maybe coming to New York City (?!!) and I’m finally starting to piece together my own mixtape #1 using Apple Logic.
More on all that good stuff later. For now, we got one more music post – the link for ya! Check out the latest talent brewing over at Fretbuzz.net.